Terms of Service
- Mia by 6voices (“6voices”, “us” , “we”, “our”) provides the //6voices.com website (“Site”) and mobile app “Mia” (“App”, “Mia”) and several other related services to you, the user (“User”). The User shall be compliant to the Terms of Service (“TOS”), conditions, and other references herein, as well as any other written agreement between us and you.
- In addition, when using particular services or materials on or related to this Site, users shall be subject to any posted rules applicable to such services or materials that may contain terms and conditions in addition to those in these Terms of Service. All such guidelines or rules are hereby incorporated by reference into these Terms of Service.
- 6voices provides via “Mia” a virtual assistant that supports to prepare and run meetings effectively, and offers among other features to take notes and track todos. A complete list of 6voices services can be found at www.6voices.com (the “Website”).
- We may, from time to time, release new versions of our App, release new tools, or introduce new services and/or features for the Service, which will be subject to these Terms, and any additional terms of service as may apply to such additional versions, tools, services, or features.
- The “Service” does not include Your Data (as defined below) or any software application or service that is provided by you or a third party, which you use in connection with the Service. Any modifications and new features added to the Service are also subject to this TOS. 6voices reserves the right to modify or discontinue the Service (or any Service plan) or any feature or functionality thereof at any time without notice to you.
- Access to all or part of the Service may be restricted from time to time to allow for repairs, maintenance or updating. This may result in you not being able to use the Service until you have downloaded the latest version and accepted any new terms.
Use of the Service
- You can access the Service either via the App or the Website.
- To use the service you must be eighteen (18) years old or older. By signing up for the Service you promise to us that you accept these Terms and that you are 18 years of age or over. If we reasonably believe that you do not fulfil this criteria, we may suspend your use of the Service until you have provided us with acceptable proof of age.
- To use the Service, you will need to register with us. To register, you must provide us with certain information about yourself, such as your email address, name, company name, birthday, a username and password. Your registration with us is subject to our confirmation and will become valid when we either confirm your registration, or activate your account.
- In order to benefit from the full functionality of our Service, the User needs to authorize access to a valid calendar that is supported by our Service. The User must check the supported calendars, before signing up. Note that, from time to time, a User’s calendar may become disconnected from 6voices because of a change in the User’s security authentication with their calendar provider and the User may be asked to reconnect their calendar.
- Access to and use of the Service requires a compatible device and internet connection. Although we are working to ensure that the Service is compatible across various devices, we cannot guarantee that the Service will work with all devices.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that your device complies with the requirements. Your use of the Service may vary in functionality, availability and quality depending on the type of the device and the operating system that it uses and 6voices accepts no responsibility for any lack of functionality that is due to your equipment (including your device, internet connection, operating system or settings and software).
- The User alone is responsible for keeping the access codes to their email account and Calendar private, and 6voices declines all liability if the Service is used by a person other than the User or a person authorized by the latter, possessing the usernames and passwords to the User’s email account.
- You are responsible for your account with us and any activity that takes place on your account, whether or not such activity was authorised by you. You must ensure that the details you provide to us are correct and kept up to date and that your password is, and remains, secure and confidential. You must inform us of any changes to the details you provided when registering with us.
- It is your responsibility to pay for all costs and expenses that you may incur while using the Service (including, but not limited to, all telephone call or line charges or Internet data service access charges).
- The User signs up for the Service for the duration of their choice, ranging from one (1) month to one (1) year and pays via valid credit card on 6voices.com, or has access to a corporate account.
- By the end of any period, the Service is automatically renewed for the same period, except where the Service is cancelled by the User or 6voices.
- We reserve the right to suspend or remove your account, cancel, reassign or disable your username or password and/or prohibit your use of the Service, without prior notice, if we (in our reasonable discretion) believe there may have been a breach of security or if activities occur on your account that we believe breach these Terms.
- For every meeting the User, among other functionalities, can add an agenda, dictate or write notes, record meetings, transcribe spoken words, and share the meeting minutes (“User Content”). The User is fully responsible for the content. Before enabling a recording or automatic transcription the User informs all participants about this, and asks for their authorization.
- You are solely responsible for your use of the Service and notes, recordings or automated transcripts generated through the Service. Any User content is owned and controlled solely by you.
- The User can share the meeting details and minutes (agenda, notes, participant list, recording, transcript) with others. Any sharing of this content is in the User’s responsibility.
- You understand and agree to comply with all applicable laws and company policies in relation to your use of the Service, generating and sharing content or meeting minutes.
- Furthermore, you understand and agree that you will not use the Service for any illegal purpose, in an unlawful manner or in any manner inconsistent with these Terms
- We are under no obligation to monitor User generated content. We do not take any responsibility for such, nor do we endorse, support or guarantee the completeness, accuracy or reliability of any User Content or communications, posted or shared.
- 6voices shall not be liable in any way for User Content, nor automated transcription, automated text interpretations, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions contained therein, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of such content shared, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available elsewhere.
Data Retention Policy
- Any data collection or recordings made through your Account may be erased by 6voices at any time after one year from the date the data collection or recording was made. Therefore, you should download your own copy of this data after using our Services.
- YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR MAINTAINING THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF YOUR ACCOUNT AND YOU AGREE TO PAY FOR ALL SERVICES CHARGED TO YOUR ACCOUNT WHETHER OR NOT YOU HAVE AUTHORIZED SUCH USE. If you believe that your Account is being used in an unauthorized manner, you agree to contact 6voices within one (1) calendar day so that appropriate action can be taken to modify your Account. Please be aware that account information will be sent to the mobile phone number that you have provided to 6voices. 6voices is not responsible for the actions of any person that accesses the service through your phone, or via your username. Please note that you are responsible for any and all charges to your account and 6voices cannot be held responsible for fraudulent charges that result from theft or fraudulent use of your credit card or Account.
- 6voices services are provided on a free or prepaid basis. You may agree to (1) month or twelve (12) month contract agreement with 6voice.
- You can opt to upgrade or downgrade your service agreement to any other contract agreement that 6voices is currently offering for sale at any time during your contract term.
- 6voices does not issue refunds for billed services. Prices for 6voices may change at any time, and price protection or refunds in the event of a price reduction or promotion will not be offered.
- To the extent you use a Service plan that is made available for a fee, you will be required to select a payment plan and provide accurate information regarding your credit card or other payment instrument. You will promptly update your account information with any changes in your payment information. You agree to pay 6voices in accordance with the terms set forth on the Site and this TOS, and you authorize 6voices or its third-party payment processors to bill your payment instrument in advance on a periodic basis in accordance with such terms.
- At the end of the contract term, your contract will automatically renew for an additional contract term until explicitly cancelled by you. Cancellation must be issued via your account at 6voices.com. Any cancellation issued via the Site must be done at least twenty-four (24) hours prior to the end of the contract term. Any cancellation not issued via 6voices.com must be done ten (10) days prior to the end of the contract term to allow for adequate processing time.
- Only Services and features clearly indicated as “free” or “no charge” are free or without charge. It is not the responsibility of 6voices to provide free support for you in the use and operation of 6voices. All other applications, features, functionality and support provided by 6voices are provided for the fees described for each service on the Site (“Fees”) and you are liable for such Fees.
- If you purchase any Services that we offer for a Fee, you agree to 6voices, or our third party service providers, storing your payment card information. You expressly agree that we are authorized to charge you (a) a monthly Fee for any applicable Services billed on a monthly basis, (b) any other Fees for Services you may purchase, and (c) any applicable taxes in connection with your use of the Services to the payment card you provide and to reimburse us for all collection costs and interest for any overdue amounts. If the payment card you provide expires and you do not provide new payment card information or cancel your account, you authorize us to continue billing you and you agree to remain responsible for any uncollected Fees.
Third Party Payment Processors
- If you dispute any charges you must let 6voices know within thirty (30) days after the date that 6voices bills you. If you fail to notify 6voices of a billing dispute as noted above, you will waive all rights to bring any claim regarding the disputed charges. All amounts paid are non-refundable and we reserve the right to change our prices in the future. If we increase our prices for your Service plan, we will provide notice of the change on the Site and in email to you at least 30 days before the change is to take effect. Your continued use of the Service after the price change goes into effect constitutes your agreement to pay the changed amount. 6voices may choose to bill you through an invoice, in which case, full payment for invoices issued must be received by the date specified in the invoice. Past due fees are subject to a finance charge of 1% per month on any outstanding balance, or the maximum permitted by law, whichever is lower, plus all expenses of collection.
- This TOS will continue in full effect unless and until your account or this TOS is terminated as described herein. Service plans that are paid monthly will automatically renew for additional months, and Service plans that are paid annually will automatically renew for additional years. You have the right to deactivate your account at any time by using the account deactivation interface in your user account.
- Monthly memberships can be canceled at any time with no additional fees. If you cancel, you will be charged for that month’s service (as well as all prior months of service), but we will not charge you for the month following the month in which you cancel. You can continue using 6voices for the remaining time for which you have paid but we will not be able to issue a refund at that point. Subscriptions may be cancelled by logging into your account at //6voices.com
- We may suspend or terminate your use of and access to the Service at any time and for any reason, in our sole discretion, including if we cease to provide the Service. Such suspension or termination shall be without prejudice to (and not be deemed a waiver of) any other claims that we may have against you. We shall use our reasonable endeavors to notify you in advance of any suspension or termination.
- You may terminate your use of the Service at any time by deleting your account. Please note that, deleting the App from a device will not delete your account and profile, and any User Content that you have uploaded will remain on the 6voices Service. If you wish to delete your account and profile, please follow the instructions available at Account Deletion. Please note that if you delete your account, all User Content will automatically be deleted.
- In the event of such termination by either party, these Terms will terminate, but the provisions which by their nature survive a termination.
- 6voices has a zero tolerance policy for abusive language and/or abusive behavior towards our company, the Service we provide and/or our employees. Any customer deemed at our sole discretion to be abusive will result in immediate irrevocable account termination without refund.
- We also may terminate your use of our Service, if you upload, post, transmit, or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation
- 6voices may determine in its sole discretion whether or not an account is in violation of any of these policies. Violation of any of these policies may result in user information tracking with such information being stored to identify the offending user. Offending users may be permanently restricted from holding an account or using the Services. If 6voices reasonably determines that your account is being used for illegal or fraudulent activity then your account may be immediately terminated and your financial data erased. We may also report you to law enforcement officials in the appropriate jurisdictions.We reserve the right to change these Terms at any time subject to the following provisions.
- When we change these Terms, we will notify you in advance, and if you do not object, or use the Service after the notification, the revised Terms will be deemed accepted by you two (2) weeks after such notification. In our notification to you, we will inform you of the revised Terms, of the above time period, the deemed acceptance, your right to object the revised Terms and possible consequences.
- 6voices may assign, sub-contract and/or otherwise transfer any or all of our rights and/or obligations under these Terms to any company, firm or person. You may not transfer your rights or obligations under these Terms to anyone else.
- Each of the provisions of these Terms operates separately. In the event that any of the provisions in these Terms are held to be unlawful or unenforceable, those provisions shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary, and the remaining provisions of these Terms will remain in full force and effect.
- No person who is not party to these Terms may enforce any term of it.
- These Terms and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with German law, with the exception of the provisions on the conflict of laws.
- The parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Berlin courts to settle any claim or matter arising in relation to these Terms or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims).
Disclaimers and Limitations
- YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. THE SERVICE AND ANY CONTENT OR MATERIAL DISPLAYED ON THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED WITHOUT ANY GUARANTEES, CONDITIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO ITS ACCURACY, SUITABILITY, COMPLETENESS OR RELIABILITY. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR THE UNAVAILABILITY OR FAILURE OF THE SERVICE.
- WE EXPRESSLY EXCLUDE OUR LIABILITY FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE ARISING FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE BY ANY PERSON IN CONTRAVENTION OF THESE TERMS. WE EXPRESSLY EXCLUDE ANY LIABILITY FOR (A) ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE THAT WAS NOT REASONABLY FORESEEABLE BY US AND WHICH IS INCURRED BY YOU IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICE, INCLUDING LOSS OF PROFITS; AND (B) ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE INCURRED BY YOU AS A RESULT OF YOUR BREACH OF THESE TERMS.
- TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PARTY FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION OR BASIS OF ANY CLAIM. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY DISPUTE WITH US IS TO TERMINATE YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE.
- Nothing in these Terms shall however limit or exclude our liability that cannot be excluded or limited by law.
- If your habitual residence is Germany, the following Sec. 13.6 shall additionally apply:
- Nothing in these Terms shall however limit or exclude our liability that cannot be excluded or limited by German law.
- This agreement may be modified or amended by 6voices at any time. Unless otherwise provided, all such modifications or amendments shall be effective immediately upon posting on the Website under “Terms and Conditions.” Furthermore, you will be asked to verify acceptance of these terms when you sign up and recharge your account. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF YOUR ACCOUNT AFTER RECEIVING THE NOTICE WILL BE CONCLUSIVELY DEEMED TO BE ACCEPTANCE OF ANY SUCH MODIFICATIONS.
- All corporate names, service marks, logos, trade names, trademarks, websites and domain names of 6voices are and shall remain the exclusive property of 6voices and nothing in this agreement shall grant you the license to use such Marks without the express written permission of 6voices. 6voices retains ownership and all rights to the 6voices and Mia name, logo, software, databases, reports, web site, and information. 6voices reserves the right to restrict the use of its name, system, logo, software, lists, databases, reports, and any information created or obtained by 6voices. However, each individual user has the right to use the 6voices name on his, her or its site to further promote the 6voices service to the Internet community.
- All communications and notices to be made or given pursuant to this Agreement shall be in the English language.
- The formation, interpretation and performance of this Agreement and any disputes arising out of it shall be governed by the exclusive jurisdiction Berlin, Germany, i.e. German law.
Last modified: February 2017